Copic markers were developed by Too Corporation back in 1987. They were originally created for fine art and design, then the Japanese comic industry (Manga & Anime) began using the products. These versatile markers are popular for product design, architecture, fashion design, comic illustration, automotive design and crafts. Now Copic markers are distributed in more than 50 countries around the world and receiving international acclaim.
Too Corporation Americas is a subsidiary of Too Corporation of Japan.
Too group companies manufacture and distribute innovative art and creative design products.
Too group is committed to making the highest quality markers in order to meet the demand of customers globally.
History of Copic
In 1969, Izumiya introduces “Speedry Markers” in Japan. The first marker pen specifically developed for designers. There were 150 colors available. Izumiya changes its name to the Too Corporation in 1992.
In 1987, the first Copic Markers (Classic) are introduced in Japan with 71 colors. The markers were developed in response to designer’s need for photocopy-safe markers. By 1997, Copic Classic markers are available in 214 colors.
In 1993, Copic Sketch markers were introduced with 144 colors. Over the next two decades, more colors are added to reach a total of 358 by 2012.
In 1998, Copic Ciao markers are introduced with 72 colors to provide a more affordable option for beginners and aspiring creative professionals. 180 colors are now available.
In 2015, to celebrate Miffy’s 60th anniversary, a special limited set of Ciao markers is released for “The 60 Years With Miffy” exhibition.
- 1992 : Copic Opaque White
- 1994 : Copic Multiliners
- 1995 : Copic AirBrush System
- 2002 : Copic Wide Markers
- 2003 : Copic Drawing Pens
- 2003 : Copic Multiliner, 0.03 (Super Fine)
- 2001 : Copic Multiliner SP
- 2006 : Gasenfude Brush Pen
- 2009 : Copic Shikishi Illustration Board
- 2012 : Plastic Color Chips
- 2012 : Copic Postcard
- 2013 : Copic Collection App (App Store | Google Play)
- 2013 : Copic Opaque White with Brush
- 2014 : Copic Multiliner Pink
- 2014 : Copic Sketch “Manga Illustration 24 Colors Set”
- 2015 : Copic Maniacs 1 published
- 2016 : Copic Multiliner lavender